Yaskawa – Solectria Solar Adds Premium Features and Options to Advanced String Combiners
Lawrence, MA – June 29, 2016 – Yaskawa - Solectria Solar, the leading U.S. commercial PV inverter manufacturer, announced today that premium features and options have been added to its DISCOM and ARCCOM string combiner lines. The combiners have gone through Highly Accelerated Lifetime Testing (HALT) guaranteeing all components are carefully vetted for highest reliability. They offer utility-scale and large commercial PV designers the design flexibility needed in combiners. These string combiners have already been used in multiple utility-scale projects in the United States from 30-100MW.
The premium features added to the DISCOM and ARCCOM satisfy the growing needs of PV system designers and reduce overall system cost and increase ROI [return on investment]. These premium features include:
- New Material Finish: high gloss white polyester powder coat painted steel – this finish is proven to keep the electronics cooler in higher temperatures and reduces extreme thermal cycling, adding to the product life.
- Heavy Gauge Bus Bars with High Quality Plating: reduces operating temperature, maximizing product life and eliminating failures. The plating is bright tin which prevents corrosion between components maximizing product life.
- Multi-Contact MC4 or Amphenol H4 Connectorized Wire Whips: Whips are the most robust option reducing installation time and costs.
- Compression and Mechanical Connectors: designed to fit various wire sizes and copper/aluminum output connectors.
- 316 Stainless Steel: Bellville spring washers and nuts on output studs in Bellville stainless steel which eliminates corrosion possibility.
“Yaskawa – Solectria Solar is committed to satisfying customer’s needs and manufacturing the highest quality, most reliable products in the PV industry. Designing products to the highest quality and reliability are proven to be key for PV plant success reducing overall total cost and providing the lowest levelized cost of electricity (LCOE). The new string combiner options help PV system owners and designers maximize ROI,” said James Worden, CEO of Yaskawa – Solectria Solar.
About Yaskawa - Solectria Solar
Yaskawa – Solectria Solar, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Yaskawa America, Inc., is the largest commercial inverter manufacturer in the U.S. Solectria’s products include 3.8 to 750 kW inverters, string combiners and web-based monitoring for all size solar systems. Solectria is backed by over 100 years of power electronics and inverter experience. All of Solectria’s three-phase central inverters are made in the USA. PV System owners, developers and EPCs rely on the high performance, reliability and bankability of Yaskawa – Solectria Solar. To learn more, please go to www.solectria.com.
Senior Marketing Manager
Yaskawa - Solectria Solar